As our name implies, Outback Encounter is dedicated to 'off the beaten track' travel, but with a distinctly luxurious edge.
We act as your private travel concierge to arrange anything from dinner reservations and opera tickets to golf lessons - to create your journey of a lifetime.
We pay special attention to every detail and request, and offer a 24 hour emergency telephone contact during your travel.
OE has been awarded as one of the 'Best Adventure Travel Companies On Earth', and 'Number ONE in Australia' by National Geographic Adventure magazine in 2009. In addition the OE Travel Designers are part of Conde Nast's 'Dream List: 32 Trips Of A Lifetime'.
Other recent awards include the 'Best Tourism Innovator' award (2008 Australian Gourmet Traveller Magazine) and being one of the 'The top 50 travel experts you need to know worldwide' (Conde Nast Traveller UK).
The company has been featured in many other leading international publications such as Travel & Leisure USA, Elite Traveler USA and Vogue.
WHY CHOOSE OUTBACK ENCOUNTER?
* Our experience and knowledge is your biggest asset!
Beginning operation in 1998 Outback Encounter has more than ten years of know-how in designing Australian '5 star experiences'. Over this time we have built an unrivalled knowledge base.
HOW IS OUTBACK ENCOUNTER DIFFERENT?
* Our Travel Designers take time to really understand the type of vacation you are looking for, even when you don't necessarily know what you are seeking. By conversing with you we narrow down and suggest an itinerary to suit your needs. We will keep refining your journey until you are happy with the final layout.
* At Outback Encounter we are constantly pushing the boundaries in experiential travel. We continue to travel the length and breadth of Australia in order to present you with a selection of our favourite and newest Australian experiences.
* We have formed wonderful relationships with our portfolio of properties and guides. They have come to understand the level of service that our travellers seek and are constantly going above and beyond to exceed your expectations.
* Our black book of 'OE Connections' gives you access to some of the most exclusive beach houses, city villas, private jets, specialist guides, sporting and entertainment stars and other unique experiences. These are closely guarded secrets and don't appear on our website - they are exclusively available to our travellers.
WHY CHOOSE OUTBACK ENCOUNTER INSTEAD OF BOOKING IT MYSELF ON THE INTERNET?
* If you choose to book via the internet, you are just a booking number and a credit card transaction.If you choose to book via the internet and you need to make some changes to your itinerary, you are left to do this yourself.
Our team of dedicated and creative Travel Designers pride themselves on the ability to provide our clients with an unrivalled personal service. We will advise the best option and create an amazing tailored experience to the finest detail. Our expertise and connections ensure the most intricate travel arrangements can be organised anywhere in Australia.
* At Outback Encounter we offer our travellers a 24 hour emergency contact phone number, which means you can call us day or night and there will be someone on the end of the phone that cares and wants to lend you a helping hand!
* If you choose to book via the internet, you are never guaranteed the experience is what you were really seeking, but at Outback Encounter our Travel Designers make sure we are always one step ahead, asking the right questions to find what suits you best.
For more information on Outback Encounter please read the Meet the Team and OE Testimonials section of our website or call on +61 8 8354 4405 or email us.
Life before Outback Encounter
Managing Wilderness Trails Lodge at Lewa Downs Wildlife Conservancy, Kenya.
Learning more about Australia, particularly the history of the country through talking to locals, and hearing their personal stories and why they love their piece of Australia.
My mum’s Roast Lamb.
There is nothing better than being in an incredible destination like Faraway Bay and doing a spot of fishing!
Favorite Australian Destination
The Kimberley's - one of the last true wildernesses left on earth.
We wanted to let you know that we had a blast on our trip. We haven't completed your evaluation yet, but we want you to know that your firm did a fantastic job in everything. The trip was well thought out and the arrangements were excellent. We're now thinking about next year.
I wanted to write to tell you that you and your company did an absolutely amazing job on our recent trip to Australia in July. Our Outback Encounter was truly unforgettable for me and my family, and we know that we have had a once in a lifetime experience.
We were amazed at the organization, of both the events and transportation. We were never without a bus or a restroom, or food and drinks when we needed them. Everything was presented in the most professional and interesting way and the uniqueness and quality of the events was what made the trip so amazing.
Our guides were exceptional. Not only were they friendly and helpful, but they were also very knowledgeable and a great source of information about everything we saw and did, and about Australia in general. You should be very proud of the staff that you have working for you in the Outback. We were very impressed with their professionalism.
We loved everything, but have to say that our afternoon with the local indigenous people, along with our lunch of crocodile, camel, kangaroo, emu and grubs was a real high point. Our dinner under the stars with an on-site astronomer, no less, was another favorite of our family. All, from events to accommodations, was just stellar and we wanted to say a special thank you to you and your staff.
I hope that we meet again and know that you provide an amazing experience for we tourists who count on you to make our memories!!!
A long overdue note to thank you again for arranging a fantastic trip for our family. Everything, and I mean everything, was first class. Please feel free to use us as a reference any time. You run a first rate operation.
Outback Encounter is proud to announce the launch of the '100% Carbon Offset' program.
With this project Outback Encounter gives you the opportunity to offset all your CO2 produced during your travel in Australia, and help build the OE Forest to continue greening Australia.
Visit our '100% Carbon Offset' section of this website to find out what Outback Encounter does to help the environment and keep Australia green.